Thursday, September 2, 2010

When something happened for the first time.....

Ever since I moved to Mumbai alot of things happened for the first time in my life..

I traveled in the local first time....(I do that twice every week now)
I played around with a kitten for the first time.....(she was extremely dirty and came into my class, but who cares)
I traveled in a tempo....(yeah we had to get some furniture home)
I taught kids....(I had always taught adults)
I cooked rajma.....or that I cooked (I'm still learning and experimenting)
I traveled alone late nights.....(Mumbai is quite safe)
I wore Indian clothes everyday for weeks.....(I never wore Indian till I was I was 17)
I washed utensils....(We didn't have a maid first month)
I bought stuff for my home from mattresses to cupboards (and all the furniture basically)....
I went shopping all by myself......(I hated shopping)
I thought of getting a dog.....(I'm hoping I will someday)
I walked into shit water......(and I mean literally).....
I went to Hard Rock Cafe in a suit! And clubbing in weird shorts! (No one in Mumbai cares about what you wear)....

I don't know how many more first times are yet to happen....but I think I'm surprising myself too much doing all this...

No comments:

Post a Comment