Sunday, August 29, 2010

This one's for Bokai....

I just finished watching 'Marley & Me'.....Haven't cried watching a movie in a long time...but this one really made me sob......The movie is about a newspaper columnist, his family and the most important part of his life - Marley, his dog......

While I was watching the end, I was remembering Bokai......

A few months ago, I became friends with someone who had an adorable dog named Bokai.....(which in Bengali means Stupid/Buddhu/Silly)....For all those who have known me for a long time know how much I despise animals, especially dogs and cats; I was basically scared of them......But Bokai was the first dog whom I patted and was not afraid of...He helped me get over my fear.....He was adorable and nicest dog I had ever met......He would sit on my feet at times and just wait to be patted.....Unfortunately, he was suffering from UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) and was constantly unwell and in pain.....

Its been 5 months I haven't seen Bokai....I'm in a different city now and not in touch with that friend anymore.....I have no clue how Bokai is doing.....But I am thankful to him for teaching how to love animals and helping me get over one of my biggest fears.....Infact I want to get a dog sometime when I know I will be able to takecare of him.......But I just wish I could pat Bokai once more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment